Healthy Lifestyle Referral Scheme
Healthy Lifestyle Referral Scheme is a 12-week programme for adults aged 16 plus with a medical condition who would benefit from physical activity.
The programme provides guidance and support for individuals in becoming more active. It aims to increase fitness levels which can result in improved quality of life and can reduce the need for medication. The frequency of sessions is decided on an individual basis and participants may be offered a range of options including gym, swimming and classes, according to the instructors' discretion.
There are many conditions that an individual can be referred for, including:
- Coronary heart disease
- Cardiovascular disease
- High blood pressure, high cholesterol or other risk factors for coronary heart disease
- Type one or type two diabetes
- Asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Depression, anxiety, stress, or other mental health problems
- Learning disabilities
- Musculo skeletal problems, such as joint or back problems
- Overweight pregnant women
- Degenerative diseases
To access the scheme, ask your GP, health nurse or a medical professional for a referral.
Healthy Lifestyel Referral Scheme is available at The Geoff Moulder Leisure Complex, Rowley Road, Boston
|[495kb]||Physical Activity for Adults & Older People||Physical Activity|
The documents in this section are in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). You will need Acrobat Reader to view these files which can be downloaded from the Adobe website free of charge.