The Community Trigger forms part of the wider changes the Government is considering in how organisations can tackle anti-social behaviour.
What is a Community Trigger?
The Community Trigger is a process which allows members of the community to request a review of the response to their complaints of anti-social behaviour. It has been designed to make sure agencies such as the police, local councils and housing providers work together to try to resolve complaints of anti-social behaviour.
The Community Trigger does not replace organisations' own complaints procedures; or your opportunity to complain to the Local Government Ombudsman or Independent Police Complaints Commission, if you are unhappy about the service you have received from an individual officer or service.
Who can use the Community Trigger?
The Community Trigger can be used by anyone - individuals, businesses or community groups - if one of the following criteria is met:
- If you, as an individual have reported the same problem three or more times in the past six months to the council, police or housing provider.
- Different individuals have made reports about the same problem three or more times in the past six months to the council, police or housing provider.
If you do not meet these criteria it may be decided that a review will be carried out based on factors such as:
- The persistence of the anti-social behaviour
- The harm or potential harm caused by the anti-social behaviour
- The adequacy of the response from agencies
What can I expect?
Once you have made a request for a Community Trigger, we will ask the agencies involved to provide details of your complaints and the actions taken.
Your request will then be scheduled for discussion at the next Anti-Social Behaviour Risk Assessment Conference (ASBRAC) - a monthly multi-agency meeting. An initial assessment will be carried out at the meeting to decide if the criteria has been met.
If your request does meet the criteria a review will be carried out on how partners responded to your complaint and any further actions identified.
You will be kept informed of your complaint at each stage of the process.
How do I request a Community Trigger?
- Print off and complete the Community Trigger Application Form [284kb] and post it directly to us: Boston Borough Council, Community Safety Team, Municipal Buildings, West Street, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE21 8QR
- Phone us on 01205 314318