Building control quality policy
We are committed to providing a quality service to our customers.
We are committed to the concept of:
- Sustaining and improving the high quality of building control services provided to customers based on:
- Public accountability
- Seeking to continually improve the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Providing documentation assurance to Council members and customers that the service is being provided in a consistent, professional, effective and efficient manner.
We will therefore undertake to:
- Be approachable, helpful, courteous, prompt and efficient in our responses to Clients.
- Make the process of applying for, and obtaining the relevant approval as easy and as straightforward as possible.
- Treat all customers fairly and equally.
- Provide a service having officers with local knowledge, professional and technical expertise, with the benefits of the support of a large organisation.
In order to ensure that the aims of this quality policy are met, the section has developed and implemented a Quality Management system. The Quality Management System has been developed in accordance with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001. Conformance with the requirements of the Quality Manual system is mandatory for all members of staff engaged in the provision of building control services. The quality policy will be reviewed in the Annual Management Review to verify its continuing suitability.
|[361kb]||Building control quality policy||Building control quality policy|
The documents in this section are in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). You will need Acrobat Reader to view these files which can be downloaded from the Adobe website free of charge.