Skip to content

Changes in circumstances

All changes of circumstances must be reported immediately to the revenues and benefits office. It is now a criminal offence not to report a change.

A change of circumstance can be any of the following:

This list is not exhaustive.

Once you claim housing benefit and council tax support you are responsible for notifying any change in circumstances that could affect the information originally provided on your claim form. It could affect the amount of benefit granted. You can report your change of circumstances online using the link on the right, however you must still provide proof of any change. A printable version of the form to report a change in circumstances is also available from the document list below.

Forms for notifying change/s of circumstances are available from our customer services team. They can be contacted on 01205 314202 or via email at
This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it . All notifications should be in writing. If you do not tell us about any change in your circumstances that increase your benefit within one calendar month of the change happening, your benefit will only increase from the Monday after we receive the notification, unless you can show us that there was a very good reason for the delay.