Exotic dangerous and wild animals licence
Information on exotic dangerous and wild animals license requirements and application form
The provisions of The Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 requires a person keeping a dangerous wild to obtain a licence.
Any person keeping any dangerous wild animal is required to hold a licence issued by the Local Authority. A licence is not required for dangerous wild animals kept in certain circumstances such as zoos, pet shops or a circus. A list of animals which are defined as Dangerous Wild Animals in accordance with the Law can be obtained from the Local Authority. Attached to the licence will be condition which:
- require the animals to be kept only by persons specified in the licence
- require the animals to be normally held at the premises specified in the licence
- require the animals not to be moved from those premises unless in circumstances allowed for in the licence
- require the licence holder and person keeping the animals to be insured against liability for damage caused by the animals to the satisfaction of the Local Authority
- restrict the species and numbers of animals
- require a copy of the licence to be made available by the licence holder to persons entitled to keep the animals; and
- any other conditions necessary or desirable to secure the objectives above.
Licences are renewable every 2 years
Initial Licence £284.50
Licence renewals £210.00
Licence applications should be sent with the appropriate fee to the address on the left.
Cheques should be made payable to Boston Borough Council.
For any licensing enquiries please contact us using the details on the left. A member of the licensing team will normally be available at the Municipal Buildings on weekdays 9am - noon and 2pm - 5pm (4.30pm on Fridays). We may be available at other times by prior appointment.