Exotic dangerous and wild animals licence
Information on exotic dangerous and wild animals license requirements and application form
The provisions of The Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 requires a person keeping a dangerous wild to obtain a licence.
Any person keeping any dangerous wild animal is required to hold a licence issued by the Local Authority. A licence is not required for dangerous wild animals kept in certain circumstances such as zoos, pet shops or a circus. A list of animals which are defined as Dangerous Wild Animals in accordance with the Law can be obtained from the Local Authority. Attached to the licence will be condition which:
- require the animals to be kept only by persons specified in the licence
- require the animals to be normally held at the premises specified in the licence
- require the animals not to be moved from those premises unless in circumstances allowed for in the licence
- require the licence holder and person keeping the animals to be insured against liability for damage caused by the animals to the satisfaction of the Local Authority
- restrict the species and numbers of animals
- require a copy of the licence to be made available by the licence holder to persons entitled to keep the animals; and
- any other conditions necessary or desirable to secure the objectives above.
Licences are renewable every 2 years
Initial Licence £284.50
Licence renewals £210.00
Licence applications should be sent with the appropriate fee to the address on the left.
Cheques should be made payable to Boston Borough Council.
For any licensing enquiries please contact us using the details on the left. A member of the licensing team will normally be available at the Municipal Buildings on weekdays 9am - noon and 2pm - 5pm (4.30pm on Fridays). We may be available at other times by prior appointment.
We are required by law to protect your privacy and inform you how your information may be used. The Licensing team collect your personal information to process and manage your application
Some of your information may be made publicly available as required by relevant legislation.
The information provided by you may also be used for legitimate reasons by other departments of Boston Borough Council and other lawful agencies. These reasons may include but are not limited to: prevention of crime, detection of fraud and animal welfare.
In some cases information relating to your application may be requested under the Freedom of Information Act, this council will review these requests to consider if it is lawful to comply.
The Council takes your privacy seriously. The Council is the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you want to know more about the information we have about you, or the way we use your information please contact the Council: Telephone number 01205 314200