We assist and provide advice to people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
Our first priority is to prevent homelessness so it is vital we are contacted as early as possible in order to assist you.
Homeless prevention measures include:
- Rent Deposit Scheme - to assist eligible households in to private sector housing
- Homeless prevention payment of up £750
- Debt Advice and referral to Boston Citizens Advice Bureau
- Sanctuary Scheme - to enable victims of domestic violence to remain in their own home if it is safe and desired by the victim
- Mediation - to resolve family disputes where a household member(s) have been asked to leave home.
Unfortunately households do become homeless which is very frightening and traumatic. The Housing Options team will do everything possible to advise and assist you through the process.
When people approach the Council as homeless or threatened with homelessness details of your circumstances will be taken. This may lead in some cases to a formal application being made.
The Homelessness Reduction Act came into force on 3rd April 2018 and will modify and extend existing homelessness protection in a number of ways.
Boston Borough Council is required to provide information to the Homelessness Case Level Information Collection (H-CLIC) under statutory homelessness legislation. For more information, on how your information is used, please see the Privacy Notice in Related documents.
|[778kb]||Rent deposit leaflet||Rent deposit leaflet|
|[303kb]||Homelessness Prevention Policy 2010||Homelessness prevention policy 2010|
|[194kb]||Privacy Notice v1 April 2018||Privacy Notice v1 April 2018|
The documents in this section are in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). You will need Acrobat Reader to view these files which can be downloaded from the Adobe website free of charge.