Waste and Recycling Information
We provide an alternate weekly collection of refuse and recycling to all properties in the Borough, one week your blue bin will be emptied and the following week your green bin will be emptied.
Items that go into your blue recycling bin
- Cardboard (large pieces of cardboard should be flat packed and placed at the side of the blue bin)
- Plastics (plastic bottles, yogurt pots and plastic tubs)
- Glass bottles and jars (please remove all bottle tops and place them in the blue bin separately)
- Cans (steel or aluminium)
For more items that can go into your blue bin, please see the leaflet 'items that can go into your blue bin' in the 'related documents' section at the bottom of the page.
Please do not put the following into your blue bin:
- Window glass
- Black sacks
- Lead crystal
- Builders waste
- Garden waste
Blue recycling bins may be rejected for collection if:
- You have contaminated your bin with the incorrect materials
- You have used blacks sacks instead of blue sacks
If your blue bin does get rejected, the refuse crew will leave a sticker on your bin to inform you why your bin has not been emptied. You should remove any contaminated waste that you have put into your bin for your bin to be emptied on the next collection day. Once you have done this, you can leave any extra recycling bags next to your blue bin on your next collection day - these can be collected FREE at the Municipal Buildings on West Street, Boston
Items that go into your green refuse bin
- Food waste
- Animal waste (double bagged)
- Nappies (clean/soiled)
- Plastic carrier bags/black sacks
- Polystyrene packaging
For more items that can go into your green bin, please see the leaflet 'items that can go into your green bin' in the 'related documents' section at the bottom of the page.
Please do not put the following into your green bin:
- Garden waste
- Electric items (WEEE)
- Gas cylinders
- Hypodermic needles
Green refuse bins may be rejected for collection if:
- Your bin is too heavy
- There is garden waste in it
If your green bin does get rejected, the refuse crew will leave a sticker on your bin to inform you why your bin has not been emptied. Like your blue bin, you should remove any contaminated waste that you have put into your bin for it to be emptied on your next collection day. Once you have done this, you can leave any extra black sacks next to your green bin on your next collection day - these can be collected FREE from the Municipal Buildings on West Street, Boston.
Building materials, that is to say tiles, cement, brick rubble, plasterboard, etc from your home is NOT household materials and must NOT be put into the green bin. Your bin will not be emptied if these items are in there.
DID YOU KNOW FACTS..........
- Your bin must be left out by 5.30am on the day of your collection or the night before to guarantee collection
- All changes to refuse and recycling collections due to bank holidays are publicised well in advance via calendar drops, stickers placed on bins, local paper and on the website;
- Your bin must be placed at the edge of your property with the handles facing outwards and it would really help the bin men if you could stand your bin next to your neighbour's for collection
- It is your responsibility to return your bin to your storage area as soon as possible on the same day as your collection
- We can provide refuse and recycling leaflets in Portuguese, Polish, Lithuanian and Latvian
- Dog poo bags are available FREE of charge from calling in at our West Street offices.
If your bin has not been emptied
If your bin has not been emptied please get in contact with us so we can arrange a re-collection as soon as it is operationally possible.
We only offer a recollection if there is no reason logged on our system as to why your bin has been missed.
You can contact us via email at email@example.com or call the Customer Service Team on 01205 314200.
We provide an assisted collection to residents who are disabled or infirm in some way, which would make it difficult for the occupier to pull their bin in and out for collection. If you require this service please call us on 01205 314200 where we can fill an application form out or arrange a visit.
Extra bin collections
We can provide an extra small bin to properties where there are six or more occupants living, an application form must be submitted. If a property has less than six occupants and are still struggling to manage their waste with one green bin then you can call us up to arrange a visit from an officer who will carry out a waste audit. If after the waste audit it shows that materials are being put into the correct container and being recycled, the officer will put your application through for a second bin to be delivered. If you feel you qualify for this service please call us, or see form below.
|[1Mb]||Waste and Recycling Guide||Waste and Recycling Guide|
|[267kb]||Frequently asked questions for waste collection services||Frequently asked questions for waste collection services|
The documents in this section are in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). You will need Acrobat Reader to view these files which can be downloaded from the Adobe website free of charge.