Lincolnshire Health and Wellbeing
Information relating to the work of the Lincolnshire Health and Wellbeing Board can be found below.
Joint Strategic Needs Analysis:-
This is to "describe the future health, care and wellbeing needs of local populations and strategic direction of service delivery to meet those needs".
In Lincolnshire the JSNA provides a broad picture of health and wellbeing needs which helps partners work together to identify future priorities for the county, helping us all to achieve better health and wellbeing outcomes and reduce inequalities for Lincolnshire residents.
A Lincolnshire Health and Wellbeing Board has already been created, in shadow form, to carry out three functions:-
- To undertake a JSNA and agree shared priorities;
- To develop a joint health and wellbeing strategy (JHWS) (using the evidence provided in the JSNA);
- To promote integrated working between the NHS and local government and ensure all commissioning intentions meet the needs identified by the JSNA and are in line with the JHWS.
The Health and Social Care Act 2012 highlights the importance to local partnerships of a JSNA as a starting point for the development of a local Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy (JHWS) as well as assisting in local commissioning decisions. The 2012 Update to Overview Report 2011 is attached below, as well as the original 2011 Update.
Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy:-
NHS Lincolnshire and Lincolnshire County Council have agreed and published the Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy for Lincolnshire 2013 - 2018.
There are five main themes, with mental health running throughout the document:-
- Promoting healthier lifestyles
- Improve health and wellbeing of older people
- Delivering high quality systematic care for major causes of ill health and disability
- Improve health and social outcomes for children and reduce inequalities
- Tackling the social determinants of health
A copy of the Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy, easy read version is attached below.
The above priorities link to the Marmot Review of Health Inequalities in England post 2010.
The Marmot Review 'Fair Society', Healthy Lives 2010' includes policies and interventions that address the wider social determinants of health inequalities such as housing and employment
|[14Mb]||JHWS 2013 - 2018 Midterm-Report||JHWS Midterm Report|
|[2Mb]||Lincolnshire Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2013 - 2018||Lincolnshire Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2013 - 2018|
|[1Mb]||Lincolnshire Joint Strategic Needs Assessment 2012||Lincolnshire Joint Strategic Needs Assessment 2012|
|[923kb]||Lincolnshire Joint Strategic Needs Assessment Overview 2011||Lincolnshire Joint Strategic Needs Assessment Overview 2011|
The documents in this section are in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). You will need Acrobat Reader to view these files which can be downloaded from the Adobe website free of charge.