It's been a fun-packed summer of events
Phew! What a busy summer of events it's been. And it's not done yet - Hallowe'en looms and then it will be Christmas.
Boston Borough Council, Boston Town Area Committee and their partners have been working hard to generate year-round events for all ages.
Thousands have enjoyed a diverse programme of fun events, ranging from face painting and craft days for children through to beach days for the over-60s, funded by Boston Big Local and family events such as outdoor cinema screenings.
Cllr Nigel Welton, town centre portfolio holder, said: "We have done more this year than ever before to organise a full calendar of community events, almost all of them free. Many will become regulars on the calendar for years to come, such as the Central Park beach days. We have had many encouraging comments back from those who attended and enjoyed themselves. We are so grateful to those who have worked alongside us and, in some cases, sponsored the events."
Still to come:
- Thursdays, September 13 and 27, craft market, Boston Market Place;
- Friday, Central Park Outdoor Cinema, The Greatest Showman (sold out);
- Saturday, Central Park Outdoor Cinema, The Lion King (tickets still available at www.visitbostonuk.com);
- Saturday, September 22, to Sunday, September 30, Fun fair in Central Park;
- Saturday, September 22, 1pm to 3pm, Witches and Wizardry Afternoon Tea, Boston Guildhall;
- Thursday, October 11, craft market, Boston Market Place;
- Saturday, October 13, 1pm to 3pm, The Railway Town of Boston, talk by Neil Wright, Boston Guildhall;
- Saturday, October 13, Blue Light event, Central Park;
- Tuesday, October 16, Boston Concert Club, Boston Guildhall, doors open 7pm;
- Thursday, October 25, craft market and Hallowe'en-themed activities, Market Place;
- Saturday, October 27, 11am to 1pm, Hallowe'en Festival, Market Place;
- Thursdays, November 1, 8, 15 and 22, craft market, Boston Market Place;
- Saturday, November 17, 9am to 4.30pm, Society for Lincolnshire History and Archaeology Conference - Maritime Boston, Boston Guildhall;
- Tuesday, November 20, Boston Concert Club, Boston Guildhall, doors open 7pm;
- Sunday, November 25, Boston Sinfonia, Boston Guildhall, doors open 2.30pm;
- Thursday, November 29, Boston Christmas Market, Market Place and Wide Bargate
- Saturday, December 8, Fairy door hunt, Boston Guildhall, 11am - 3pm (book your tickets at www.visitbostonuk.com);
- Saturday, December 8, fairy afternoon tea, Boston Guildhall, 1pm to 3pm;
- Thursdays, December 6, 13 and 20, gift and craft market, late-night shopping with festive entertainment, Boston Market Place;
- Sunday, December 16, Festive market and Boston's first Santa Run, Boston Market Place, Pescod Square
Events are already being planned for 2019 including a celebration of farming, Boston Marathon, May Fair, 1940s event, Beach days and much more.