Read all about it! Boston makes the headlines!
Nothing shouts the news like a tabloid newspaper headline - even in the digital age.
And "Romans, Saxons and Vikings look in" alongside "The Normans take over" should grab attention at a new display all about Boston's sometimes forgotten history and heritage.
The display is the brainchild and work of Boston Borough Councillor Richard Austin and is now on show at Fydell House for the Heritage Open Days before moving to the open days at The Sessions House on 15 and 16 September.
Cllr Austin is setting out to prove that Boston has more history and heritage than any other town in England - he has a quartet of experts lined up to back his claims.
His brief history of Boston display headlines the main events from 2,000 years ago to much more modern times.
Did you know, for instance, that:
- In medieval times Boston port was second only to London;
- At the time Boston was the fifth richest town in the country;
- A religious crusade was launched from Boston;
- The Roundhead cavalry was stabled in The Stump;
- Our men open up Australia;
- Zeppelin bombs Boston;
- Fogarty leads on pillows and duvets;
- Boston feeds the nation.